From the Mouth of Babes, Part 258
Today while we were watching my beloved Cornhuskers on TV, the camera panned over to one of the mascots, Lil' Red. Mihret gave me a concerned look and said, "I have no idea what IS that!"
**********************
Later on, in a feeble attempt to keep up with Chuck's indoctrination of our daughters, I was trying to teach Mihret the words to the Nebraska fight song. It starts out:
There is no place like Nebraska
Dear old Nebraska U
Where the girls are the fairest
The boys are the squarest
Of any old place that I knew
Dear old Nebraska U
Where the girls are the fairest
The boys are the squarest
Of any old place that I knew
I usually forget the rest of the words and sometimes get the girls and boys lines mixed up, which is why my attempts would have to be classified as feeble at best.
Anyway, at dinner tonight Mihret was singing my favorite song and said,
"There is no place like Nebraska
Dear old Nebraska U
Where the boys are the squarest
The girls are the circles...
Is that right, Mama?"
Actually, sweetheart, I think it might be better.



4 Comments:
I love it!!!!!!!!
I reread the post and I realized
AGAIN how very smart Mihret is. She sand about the boys being
SQUAREst, and then said the girls were CIRCLEs. She is so smart!
And I agree with her assessment of
"the mascot" Ask Chuck about Urbana's mascot-----and he may not know it but they got a new head and it looked like Elvis but still ugly.
Mihret was just looking at the picture of Lil' Red and said, "Is that Lil' Cornhead?" This girl cracks me up!
Very cute! :) Silliness does run in the family! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home