Jump In...The Water's Fine
The girls have been taking swimming lessons this summer through the City Parks & Recreation department. They have learned a lot and grown much more comfortable in the water. Best of all, they have loved taking swimming lessons in spite of the fact that it pushed both of them outside of their comfort zone regularly.
Mihret has gone from wanting to sit on the steps of the pool the entire session and screaming bloody murder any time the water touched her face to loving the water and not being afraid to put her head under water. Zinash has gone from not knowing anything about swimming to being able to swim on her own for short distances. Both girls have gone from needing to be "helped" off the diving board to jumping off themselves and enjoying it enough to do it multiple times!
Mihret jumping off the diving board on her own this past Thursday!
Zinash jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side
The last day of swimming lessons, Zinash even jumped off the high dive with the help of her swimming instructor. I was impressed! I've never done that myself.
I'm so proud of both of my girls for facing their fears and working hard. They've grown as swimmers over the past couple months, but more importantly, they've learned that they can do hard things.



4 Comments:
Yeah, but you've jumped off a 30 foot bridge at the urging of your significant other...
...and lived to tell about it...bruises and all. :)
Yippie
GREAT Zinash and Mihret!!!
Thanks for being able to try hard things..!!
Nana & Papa
Awesome what they have accomplished!
I have jumped off the high diving board (and a high bridge--no bruises to tell about) and now I think I was TOTALLY crazy to have done so on both subjects...lol!
Never again!
Of course, this IS the person who can't go over a bridge that is barely off the ground now...lol!
:0)
Post a Comment
<< Home