Sunday, April 04, 2010

Look Who's Three!

Whee! I'm Three!

Our sweet little girl turned three on Friday!

We started the day with breakfast at the El Monte Airport - one of Mihret's favorite places. You can eat at a restaurant overlooking the airfield and watch small planes and helicopters take off and land. It was the first time that Chuck and Zinash had been there and we really enjoyed sharing it with them.

Showing Zinash the airplanes

The girls both enjoyed trying to take pictures of the airplanes. Mostly we got beautiful pictures of the sky, but this one turned out pretty well!

I love how much fun these two have together!

Zinash took this picture of me and Mihret. She's becoming a "Shike" already!

In the afternoon, Mihret had her birthday party at a nearby park. We invited a bunch of her friends from our MOPS group. It was her idea to have her birthday at a park and I LOVED having it there - so much easier than hosting it at home!

Zinash enjoying the slide. You can see the balloons for Mihret's party in the background.

Mihret at the top of the small rock wall.

Mihret with two of her dearest friends, D and C, and C's mom, Aisha. She calls D and C her "brothers."

Mihret chose her cake this year. Not taking any chances on a repeat of her first birthday cake fiasco. Of course she chose a cake that was covered with candy. That's my girl!

Mihret also wanted a pinata for her birthday. She was really, really excited about it but when it came down to it, she didn't want to hit it. I think she just wanted the candy that was inside. Do we see a theme developing here??? No worries...the other kids enjoyed breaking it apart for her.

Mihret was unusually shy at her birthday party and I think got a little overwhelmed by the attention, but she still had a great time.

After all that sugar, we went home and ate some dinner. Then Mihret got to open her presents!

Ah, the good part!

Oh, this is what I've always wanted!!

Thank you to all who celebrated Mihret's third birthday with us! She felt very special all day and kept asking us, "Is it still my birthday?!?" Now that she's got it all figured out, she's ready to do it all again next month. She acknowledged that next is Zinash's birthday but figures that then it should be her turn again.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger mshike said...

Thanks letting us share her 3 yr. old birthday too! Great pictures! Sounds like it was a great day for all! :) We love you!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Well Jalen and her will get along just fine...He keeps talking about his birthday which is about a mth away and asking if it is today. When I tell him not yet he crys! He also wants to pick out his own cake and can't decide if he wants cars or backyardigins! Oh the joys of toddlers!

10:27 AM  
Blogger cwstrawn said...

Of course, I had to get the kleenex out and rub my eyes---and you know they were itching : )
I remember a 3 year old party for Charles, he wanted a "Rittashey Rabbit Cake" He will have to explain it to you, BUT I made the effort... Enjoy it, C & C. It goes by all to quickly.....
LOVE
Mom, Nana AKA Mom 2

2:21 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Sara, we can't wait to see Jalen and the girls in June! We're so excited that you are coming to STL! Mihret passed up Disney princesses and Mickey Mouse to choose a "Cars" theme for her birthday party. Pretty funny! Especially since we don't own the movie so she's only seen parts of it.

Mom/Nana, the girls have had so much fun looking through the birthday cake book you sent me last year for my birthday. They both picked out their birthday cakes months in advance. Mihret's was easy. Zinash's choice looks much more complicated. I might need to call in an expert on that one. :)

Michelle, I remember you left a comment, but now I can't see it. Stupid computer! Anyway, we miss you guys and can't wait to see you in June!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

PS....Love Love her hair...you still using that product from online? Wish Janae's was that texture....most is too heavy for her hair and some dry it out more. The JOYS@! I opt for short hair!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home