Tuesday, September 07, 2010

And She's Off!

Today is Zinash's first day of school! She woke up happy but nervous, and still had a smile on her face when we got to school.


We all walked her to school today and Chuck got to meet Mrs. Mitchell. There were actually tons of parents at the school this morning- both moms and dads. I'm not sure why, but it really surprised me to see so many parents there. It was sweet to see, though!

Mrs. Mitchell introduced Zinash right away to the girl that she had chosen as her seatmate and she was off! As we walked away, Mihret said, "I'm going to miss my sister!" and she started to get a little sad, but then we talked about the fun things we would do today.

And so a new chapter begins...

Evening Update: Zinash had a great first day of school! The first thing she said when I saw her was, "I made TWO friends today!" I got to talk with her teacher for a few minutes and she said that they had a great first day as a class. She seems like a dynamic teacher who is not at all intimidated by having 35 kids in her class. Amazing! Anyway, Zinash told me all about her day on our walk home and seemed to really enjoy it. Thank You, God!

Mihret and I had a good day too! We both missed Zinash at points throughout the day but had fun doing some "Mama and Mihret" things. The day went much faster than I expected, and before I knew it, it was time to go get Zinash. All in all, a happy first day of school!

Next week, Mihret starts preschool! More on that later...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger cwstrawn said...

I was so hopeing that you would have some 1st day of school pictures on here. I was so glad to see them and to read what you said. I remember crying and crying when each and every one of the children went off to their 1st day of K'gartin. It is indeed one of life's milestones---and even more for Zinash, I think, as it will open so many doors for her. God love'em both. I have been praying for the girls this morning that God would bless them and keep them and be with them every moment of the day. I love you all. MOM2

10:32 AM  
Blogger mshike said...

Sounds like a great start to the year! :) For all of you!
Love to you all!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home