Monday, April 13, 2009

Taking Mama to Tennessee

In February, Mama and I went to visit Uncle Dan and Auntie M and their family in Tennessee. (I know, I know...February was a long time ago, but I'm a little slow when it comes to typing.)

I was sad that Dada couldn't go with us, but Mama got me some hot chocolate at the airport, and that made it all better.

Getting hooked on Starbucks early

When we got to Tennessee, I saw Uncle Dan, Auntie M, and my cousins: Brittany, Bridget, Sophie, and Zach. I also met their two dogs. Vandy is a little dog and Daisy is a big dog. I kept telling Mama, "Vandy is Vandy and Daisy is Daisy." She seemed appreciative of the clarification.

The Welcoming Committee (or at least part of it...the rest of the family was watching Lost)

When I got to their house, I discovered more toys than I had ever seen in my life (well except for Grandma Fuenning's basement). I thought it would be a good idea if Dada came out to Tennessee and we just stayed there. Auntie M agreed.

One of my favorite toys was a music machine that played the ABC song (and a whole bunch of other songs that I skipped so we could get back to the ABC song). I sang and danced and got my cousins to sing and dance with me. I think it's their favorite song too.

I had a lot of fun with my cousins!

Peek-a-boo!

Mama said that my oldest cousin, Brittany, gave up her room so we could sleep there. I don't know what she's talking about it because I'm pretty sure it was MY room. I let her come in to borrow clothes every now and then...

Bridget was really good at playing dolls with me, and Sophie and Bridget know how to throw a great tea party.

Playing with Bella and Bridget

Tea anyone?

Sophie and Zach got dressed up one day for the Rock-n-Roll Read-a-thon at their school.


Cool Cousins

I think they were supposed to be reading, but I got to visit the school twice that day, and both times all I saw was dancing. School looks fun!


Dancing with Sophie at her school

On Sunday morning, we woke up to snow! I told my cousins that snow tasted like ice, but they thought it tasted like hamburgers. Silly cousins. They must really have thought that because after Mama made me go back inside (something about being too cold...sound familiar?), my cousins had an ice-licking contest on their front doorstep. (Auntie M wrote about it on her blog if you are curious.)

Mmmm...snow....

Coolest backyard ever

It was a short visit, but we packed a lot into a few days. We even had a talent show one night and my cousins introduced me to the "toot-ba". Mama was not quite as impressed as I was.

Me and Pooh and the Family

I was sad to leave, but I was super excited to see Dada again! (Of course, if Dada had just come with us, then we wouldn't have had to leave the Great House of Toys, but I'm not holding it against him. And he pretty much made up for it during my birthday, but I'll leave that post to Mama or Dada. Enough typing for me!)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mshike said...

Great commentary on your trip out here. I'm so glad that Mihret is joining the tradition of having Starbucks, :0)...keep it in the family! We miss you guys and hope you come visit us again real soon!!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home