Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Bottom of the Box

Mihret, with one of her many boxes in the background

Last night I was trying to help Mihret find something in her room. I was digging through one of her precious cardboard boxes (yup, she's a box hoarder--I mean, collector--but that's another story). As I got near the bottom of the box, she stopped me and said, "Mama, promise you won't be mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you, Mihret?"

"Ummm....just promise you won't be mad?"

Now I'm starting to get worried. What would I find at the bottom of the box? Something broken? Something ooey, gooey? Something of mine that had been "repurposed"?

"Mihret, just tell me..."

"Ummm...well...umm...."

I smile, trying to be non-threatening... "Just tell me, honey. It will be okay." (I'm hoping...)

"Um..." she pulls back the last layer of stuff at the bottom of the box to reveal....two small potatoes. "I took the potatoes so I could make noses on some aliens."

I couldn't help it. I busted up laughing. Scenes flashed before my mind's eye of a sweet little baby girl who had a slight potato obsession.

Once I caught my breath, we did have a little discussion about working on potato aliens in the kitchen instead of the bedroom. After all, I wouldn't want potato aliens taking over my house, which with this girl, is a real possibility.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Some things never change. LOL.

12:18 PM  
Blogger mshike said...

What a PRECIOUS picture!! Love her!! So funny!!! :)

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home