Grandma Box
When I (Carrie) was growing up, my Grandma Fuenning would send my brothers and me boxes for our birthdays and Christmas filled with treasures from her favorite store (i.e. the Goodwill). It was the highlight of the holiday season when the UPS truck would stop by our house to deliver the huge box of goodies from Grandma. It didn't matter that most of the things in the box were used and that some of the toys or games were missing a few pieces. We felt like the luckiest kids on the planet because we got to open SO MANY presents!
As we got older, Grandma replaced the Grandma Boxes with birthday and Christmas checks (also favorite!). Still, every now and then I get a longing for a sweet, wonderful Grandma Box because they are filled with so much love. And besides that, you never know what kind of treasures you might find amongst the 25 cent t-shirts.
A couple weeks ago I was having one of those moments and was thinking with a little bit of sadness that Mihret would probably not ever get to experience the joy of a Grandma Box. So you can imagine my delight when a Grandma Box arrived in the mail for our daughter!
All for me?
Grandma had filled it with all kinds of treasures for our little sweetheart: a beautiful purple dress, two already well-loved dollies, a fascinating rattle, a fun book about a teddy bear fireman, and a clown playmat. And best of all, I got to see my daughter's eyes light up as we kept pulling treasures out of the box.
Sweet Dolly
Thank you, Grandma! Once again, you made us feel very loved!


2 Comments:
That is so awesome! Chad and I have enjoyed seeing many "Grandma Box" items over the years! Chad even has one from about 15-20 years ago! How fun and sweet! Kimberly
Thank you for sharing this site, Chuck, I knew there had to be more baby pictures somewhere! She is beautiful! I'm up in Alaska with Jean Wiitala right now and her little one, and will be gone the rest of break but we should connect in the new year--I would love to come out to Pepperdine and meet your precious baby!
Sarah
Post a Comment
<< Home