Friday, March 16, 2007

Who says money can't buy you happiness?

As you may know (unless you've been living under a rock), our friend Angelina Jolie has added to her collection of adorable former orphans by adopting a Vietnamese boy.

And, it's good to hear that her celebrity was able to purchase her a faster process. I'm confident that this young boy will be blessed with advantages that he would not have had otherwise.

But, as someone who's been working on an adoption for the past 8 months, and waiting on paperwork for the past three, it's a bit exasperating to hear that others get special treatment. Not surprising, just exasperating.

I guess I would (selfishly and naively) hope that folks with this type of clout would use it not only to expedite the procedures for their own families, but to help impact a log jammed system- allowing hundreds of children and families to be similarly blessed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home