Just so you know...
Those people who say that it's a shame that anyone can give birth but adoptive parents are put through a wringer of expectations/forms/checks... Those folks are right on.
Not that I begrudge the billions of documents that need to be notarized, or the three sets of fingerprints/background checks (including police and FBI), or the visits with the social worker, or the biography and complete financial disclosure. I actually think those things are good, and wouldn't have it any other way.
What's frustrating is that everyone who is hoping to reproduce doesn't go through this process as well. If they did, perhaps domestic adoption rates would decline- as would crime, poor education, and joblessness. I know several folks who could have benefited from this process.
Just sayin'.
We're about 90% done with our homestudy and dossier preparation, in case you were wondering. And, by "we", I mean Carrie- who has really taken the lead on this whole process. I told her that papercuts were somewhat better than labor pains...
More to come~
Labels: Adoption


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home